Hosting Company Claims Virus in Install Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hosting Company Claims Virus in Install Files

I was uploading the install files for 3.8.4 to my server when all of a sudden I was disconnected. I then tried loading my site and it told me the server was taking too long to respond. I then called my hosting company and they told me that their firewall is setup to catch files associated with Gumblar and Prescription Drug Ads. Understandable if I got hacked or downloaded this elsewhere, however I downloaded the files straight from vBulletin Members Area and uploaded them right away.

I asked what file their firewall was showing as containing malicious code and they said it was the vbulletin_templatemgr.js file. Any idea as to why this one would come up as that?

Ask them to contact us via [email protected] and be a little more specific in what they've found please.
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
      Ask them to contact us via [email protected]etin.com and be a little more specific in what they've found please.
      Would love to however considering how long it takes for me to speak with someone and have an issue dealt with, the chances I am going to get them to go out of their way to contact you guys does not seem very good.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X