Updating from 3.7.1 and getting errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating from 3.7.1 and getting errors

I havent messed with my forum in a year and decided to upgrade. I shut off the forum uploaded the files on edited the config file. when i went to update i got this.
    Code:
    Database error in vBulletin :
    mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)
    /home/djjeffa/djjeffa.com/vb/includes/class_core.php on line 311
    MySQL Error   : 
    Error Number  : 
    Request Date  : Sunday, February 21st 2010 @ 06:31:40 PM
    Error Date    : Sunday, February 21st 2010 @ 06:31:40 PM
    Script        : http://www.djjeffa.com/vb/install/upgrade.php
    Referrer      : 
    IP Address    : 151.199.253.54
    Username      : 
    Classname     : vB_Database
    MySQL Version :
    Any advice?
    www.djjeffa.com

1. The info in your config.php file is wrong (in which case your forums wouldn't work at all),
    I checked 3 times and all the info is right then had the webhosting check it and they too said it was right.
    they said
    The issue is that your software isn't giving us any useful errors and we can't find anything in our logs. I inputted all the correct info (which I can use to connect via command line just fine) but no go. I would need more info from you or have you change the behvaior of the error messages so they are more useful. You need to verify that all mysql connection info is correct if there are multiple places to input that info.
    At this point, I'm not entirely sure, I would contact vbulletin and let them know you can connect via command line but not through the software. Give them your settings and see if they have any other suggestions.
    Any Ideas?
    www.djjeffa.com

Comment

Check the if the db user still has full permissions and preveliges to the db.

Comment

I checked it all and everything is ok.
        The board was up and running all i did was uplad the ne files and edit the config and uplad it som im kind of boggeled as to what could be wrong cause it was fine 2 days ago.
        www.djjeffa.com

Comment

i re uploaded all the files and tryed upgrading again with no luck.
          www.djjeffa.com

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
            Please see this page from the manual regarding that error:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/cantconnect
            1. The info in your config.php file is wrong (in which case your forums wouldn't work at all), I checked 3 times and all the info is right then had the webhosting check it and they too said it was right.

2. MySQL crashed, it's not running or it can't find the socket. I talked with the host and said the msqlis fine and was able to log in with a command line using the info from my config file.

3. In the rare instance that this server is not using the default MySQL port (3306) then you will need to edit config.php to change this to the port it is using:
            $config['MasterServer']['port'] = xxxx;
            ...with 'xxxx' being the port number. The default MySQL port is using 3306 and it was working fine befor the upgrade.

Now I talked to the host support and they said.
            The issue is that your software isn't giving us any useful errors and we can't find anything in our logs. I inputted all the correct info (which I can use to connect via command line just fine) but no go. I would need more info from you or have you change the behvaior of the error messages so they are more useful. You need to verify that all mysql connection info is correct if there are multiple places to input that info.
            and
            At this point, I'm not entirely sure, I would contact vbulletin and let them know you can connect via command line but not through the software. Give them your settings and see if they have any other suggestions.
            Trevor I have done what you said and it didnt help could you please give me more info or assistance?
            www.djjeffa.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X