Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WISHOC
    replied
    Yes this is way over my head, Yet I do not have the extra cash to pay them 150$ install it for me. Guess I'll have to find someone local to help me.

Leave a comment:

• borbole
    replied
    [QUOTE=WISHOC;1927467]I tried contacting Bluehost customer support for help on where to go and they told me
    We do not give support on 3rd party software [quote/] Which leads me to my current state of where in the Bluehost cp do I install VB at?
    You must upload vb''s files at your server space inside the /www/ or /public_html/ folder. If you want to have vb installed at say www.yoursite.com then upload the files in the root of one of those folders I mentioned above. if you want to install it at say www.yoursite.com/forum, create a folder called forum, ( inside the /www/ or /public_html/ folder) and upload there the vb files. Then follow the steps mentioned at the install guide.

To transfer the files you will need a ftp client as mentioned above. Or you can upload them via File Manager system in the cp of your host. If your host has one, that is.

But you must also have a database ready in which to install your forum. You can set up a database at the Mysql area section in the cp of your host.

Now, if all this seems way over your head, purchase an installation service from vb and the vb staff will install the forum for you.

Leave a comment:

• WISHOC
    replied
    I tried contacting Bluehost customer support for help on where to go and they told me [quote] We do not give support on 3rd party software [quote/] Which leads me to my current state of where in the Bluehost cp do I install VB at?

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    If you have an FTP program installed on your local machine, then you need to check with Bluehost what details you should be using to connect to your server.

Once you've done that, the installation instructions linked above walk you through the installation process

Leave a comment:

• WISHOC
    replied
    The fact that I do not know where to go in the bluehost in order to upload VB

Leave a comment:

• borbole
    replied
    What problems do you have? Have a look here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/install

Leave a comment:

• WISHOC
    started a topic Need Help installing on Bluehost

Need Help installing on Bluehost

I'm new to all this and really have no clue lol. If some one can please help me through this installation I would really appreciate it.

Thanks