Do I HAVE to upgrade to 4.0?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I HAVE to upgrade to 4.0?

I currently own 3.8 and recently received an email saying mine expires on Feb 24th 2010. I logged in and went to the purchasing section and the only options I have are to upgrade to 4.0 for $175 or $250 for 4.0 suite. What is going to happen on the 26th if I do nothing? I'm not leasing vB so why does it expire? There is also an option there for "no upgrade" which is what it is defaulted to.

With an owned license (and any official add-ons) you can run the software forever - that doesn't end. The listed expiration is for your access to the download new versions from the Members Area. You will be able to continue to run the version of vB that existed when your license expired for as long as you want.

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply!

Comment

Thanks man this answers my question 2, but would we be able to get patches for 3.8.x if there is any released at any stage? Since theres no way to extend.

Thanks

Comment

Patches, yes, new verisons no. Patches are only supported on the version they're released for.

Comment

Thanks for fast reply

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X