Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Email verification question, how to fix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email verification question, how to fix?

I'm having trouble verifying email address during registration. I have it checked of on "yes", but when someone signs up and they but an email address, they don't recieve any emails to their email address. How can i fix?

Is any email from your site working? Try maintenance > disagnostics > email and see if that works.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

I get this, and still nothing to my email:

Pertinent PHP Settings
      SMTP:localhost
      sendmail_from:None
      sendmail_path:/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i

Results
      No errors were returned while attempting to send the email. Check "my email" shortly to confirm you've received the email. If you don't receive the email, try sending the test to a different address. If that fails, check your mail server's configuration.
      Last edited by pavpavpav; Thu 11 Feb '10, 5:25pm.

Comment

what seems to be the issue?

Comment

You did not receive the test email that was sent? If not, as it says, you need to check your mail server's configuration since everything is fine on vbulletin's end.

(Also, please read the forum rules regarding not bumping threads for 24 hours. Thank you.)

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

I didn't recieve the email. When i check my mail servers configuration, what am i looking for exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by pavpavpav View Post
              I didn't recieve the email. When i check my mail servers configuration, what am i looking for exactly?
              I couldn't tell you. I had someone else set up my server and verify the email was working before I installed vbulletin. You may want to ask your host for help getting your email working on your server.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X