Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• invalid sql

Hello all,

I just upgraded to vBulletin 3.8 and I'm getting this everytime I try to access any page on my website:

Invalid SQL:
    select * from style where styleid = or styleid = 57 ORDER BY styleid ASC;

MySQL Error : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'or styleid = 74 ORDER BY styleid ASC' at line 1

I've also repaired/optimized all my tables.

How or where do I fix this?

Try disabling your modifications/plugins and see if you still have this problem.
    Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

PHP Code:
    define('DISABLE_HOOKS'true); 

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Hi Lynne,

Thank you for the quick response. It worked.

so what is the problem? How do I make it work without the plugin system disabled?

Thanks

Comment

If it worked with the plugins disabled, then that means you have a plugin causing the problem. So, go to the products page and turn them all off and also to the plugins page and turn off all the ones under the vBulletin heading. Now, get rid of that line in your config.php page. Then go start turning on products/plugins and testing your site after each addition. At some point, you will turn one on and the problem will happen again and then you'll know which plugin/product is causing the problem.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

Ok, I've turned off the plugin that was causing this and enabled the hook and now the posts don't show up in threads. When I'm a certain forum, I can see like the 'last post' and time it was posted but when I click on any thread, no posts shows up but everything else seems to be in place.

I've tried disabling the hook in the config file again and they do show up. So I turned off all my plugins and enabled the hook again, and again...no luck.

Comment

When you turned off your plugins, did you turn off the products on the products page and then also all the extra, single plugins on the plugins page? You need to do both.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X