upgrade from 3.8.3 to 3.8.4 wont work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrade from 3.8.3 to 3.8.4 wont work

i followed the upgrade instructions to the T. i get to the point of running the install/upgrade.php and go through all of the steps. it seems like all is well, but when i sign back into my cpanel, it still says version 3.8.3. any ideas?

cpanel or admincp?

Try hitting the "F5" key to refresh the page.

Comment

admincp. i tried reloading it and it still says 3.8.3

my biggest reason for doing the update is recently i have been getting double posts and the user avatars suddenly stopped showing up. i was hoping the update would fix it

Comment

How to fix double posting:
        http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1768939

TO fix Broken User Profiles (& avatars):
        https://members.vbulletin.com/docs/h...nance_counters

As far as the version not changing, try re-uploading the files and make sure your ftp program is set to OVERWRITE FILES. Then, re-run the upgrade script.

Good Luck!

Comment

That means you did not upload all the 3.8.4 files. First reupload all the 3.8.4 non-image files. Make sure you upload these in ASCII format, overwrite the ones on the server, and that version 3.8.4 shows in the upper right-hand corner of the page. Then run 'upgrade.php' again.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

so, i did the flood control and it seems the double posting is fixed, but i tried the fixes that you posted for the avatars and it still doesnt work.

i will have to try the update again later. my forum is pretty busy right now. i will wait till things are slow

Comment

things were slow on the forum tonight so i decided to try the upgrade again. all is well now for that. i still have the avatar issue. i will post that in the correct section though

thanks fro your help Steve

Comment

What kind of FTP you are using? Make sure that you're not timing out while uploading the files.

Also, make sure your unzip folder says 3_8_4 around that line.
                Shun Goku Satsu

Comment

i got it to work, my FTP program wasnt overwriting the old files. all is well now

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X