X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cbiweb
    replied
    Originally posted by Motions
    I finally found a solution to the number of columns displayed in the smilie popup window.

By editing misc.php, you can set the number of smilie columns you want displayed.

Open misc.php and scroll down to the smilies section near the bottom.

// ######## Popup Smilies for vbCode ###########

Look for the line below. The number in red is the number of columns that are displayed. Change to 4 if you want 4 columns for example.

if (sizeof($bits) == 2)

Only change the line that has the 2 in it. Do not change the lines that have "
    == 1)", these are for the straggler smilies.

Removing the text
    Getting rid of the text is even easier. Open the smiliepopup_smilie template and comment out or delete the following line:

<td class="$bgclass">$smilie[text]</td>
    Tried this and lost the stragglers. Tried a few things to get them back but no go.

Leave a comment:

• dodgeboard.com
    replied
    Follow the instructions in the thread relating to that mod (modification). If this is your first time installing a mod (plugin/product) then you'll most likely need to do a little reading. Be patient and if you get stuck, ask questions in the thread relating to that mod. The folks here at vBulletin do not support the add-ons created over there. The folks over there will be happy to point you in the right direction.

Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• HandsomeToad
    replied
    Originally posted by dodgeboard.com View Post
    In the readme file it says:

"this is a no edits mod, just install the product"

What folder do I install the file in?

Ribbit

Leave a comment:

• HandsomeToad
    replied
    My account is the Toad one and it said I wasn't recognized as having a valid license but I just checked and now I can see what I couldn't earlier.

I have no clue why it shows up now but didn't earlier, however, I do seem to be experiencing problems with IE and accessing other sites and I did shut down IE since the last time I checked, which is what I have to do to fix the problem I'm having so I guess that was the culprit.

I'm starting to hate Vista!

Ribbit

Ps: Sorry about the outburst earlier. I was so frustrated, since it has taken me so long to get a few things done and I have so little time to do them. And thanks for all the wonderful assistance everyone! I know that once I get used to vB, it will be easy to maintain.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Your post was edited to remove the inflammatory comments.

If you are talking abut the HandsomeToad account, that is showing up as fully licenses at vbulletin.org. If you mean the FreakyGarrettC account, that one has not responded to the user activation email yet.

Leave a comment:

• HandsomeToad
    replied
    <removed>

I registered but it doesn't recognize me as a valid license holder and I checked everything and everything is correct but I cannot post on the site asking for help, even though I registered and everything.

What good does it do to go thru the registration problem, to then not be able to post?

That sucks!

Needless to say, I can't access the hack!

Ribbit

Leave a comment:

• HandsomeToad
    replied
    That would explain why my login didn't werk!

Ribbit

Leave a comment:

• dodgeboard.com
    replied
    It's not vbulletin.com, it's vbulletin.org.

Register on that site, if you have not yet registered.

Leave a comment:

• HandsomeToad
    replied
    I clicked on that and it says I have to login and I tried my login for the forum and that didn't work so I tried my customer login info and that didn't work so I'm at a loss for what to do? I even tried the forgot password thingy and it said it doesn't recognize the email address I entered.

I have always used only one email address here so something ain't kosher!

Ribbit

Leave a comment:

• dodgeboard.com
    replied
    I use this hack and it works well:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=166325

Leave a comment:

• Jose Amaral Rego
    replied
    This is not the forum to ask or the site (vbulletin.org) once I give the quoted message, then it is upto you to find help into editing this...

Code edits are replaced in every upgrades and not really ment to be played with. If you can do adjust it from Admin CP, then it shoud not be played with...

Originally posted by Motions
    I finally found a solution to the number of columns displayed in the smilie popup window.

By editing misc.php, you can set the number of smilie columns you want displayed.

Open misc.php and scroll down to the smilies section near the bottom.

// ######## Popup Smilies for vbCode ###########

Look for the line below. The number in red is the number of columns that are displayed. Change to 4 if you want 4 columns for example.

if (sizeof($bits) == 2)

Only change the line that has the 2 in it. Do not change the lines that have "
    == 1)", these are for the straggler smilies.

Removing the text
    Getting rid of the text is even easier. Open the smiliepopup_smilie template and comment out or delete the following line:

<td class="$bgclass">$smilie[text]</td>

Leave a comment:

• HandsomeToad
    started a topic Columns in the Smiley Popup Window

Columns in the Smiley Popup Window

Howdy peeps,

I have searched everywhere for a place to change the smiley popup window column numbers and I couldn't find it. Is it possible to change it? If not, someone on the design team should look into adding that feature, considering I have 120 smileys and with 2 columns, that's 60 lines of smileys in the popup window and it takes forever to scroll thru it to find a smiley.

Ribbit
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X