Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Permissions

Howdy peeps,

I have something I want to do with my forum and I'm not sure if I can, so I figured I'd toss it out to you all and see what you have to say about it.

It's actually quite simple, I want one section to be open for viewing and posting, without requiring the person to be a member, while the other sections require a membership to access (either viewing or posting).

Can I do that?

Ribbit

Ps: If that didn't explain it well enough, then go look at what I have setup so far:

http://CoinChat.org/forums/

The Open Forums section is the portion I want open for anyone to post, whether they are a member or not and anything else requires a membership to post.

I just went playing in the Permissions part of the CP and figured it out. I've got it all setup where they can post in the Open Section without being members. The primary reason for wanting that was the Identification & Value Section, so if someone has a coin and would like to know what it is or what it's worth, they can post it without being forced to become a member. I would hope they end up joining later but I won't require it. I think it's wrong to force someone to join a forum, just to get a little information on something they possess.

Ribbit

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X