Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new install - removing the vbulletin banner at top . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new install - removing the vbulletin banner at top . . .

Hi,

I just successfully installed vbulletin on my server, but it has the vbulletin banner across the top -- was i supposed to pay extra to have that not be a part of the site? If so, I misunderstood that option. What can i do now, will I have to start all over and pay for the version without it, or can something esel be done, or is that not the issue at all? I am a total n00b to administering a site but have been a mod on a vbulletin forum for a couple of years.

Thanks!

Aaron

Originally posted by NYWC View Post
    Hi,

I just successfully installed vbulletin on my server, but it has the vbulletin banner across the top -- was i supposed to pay extra to have that not be a part of the site? If so, I misunderstood that option. What can i do now, will I have to start all over and pay for the version without it, or can something esel be done, or is that not the issue at all? I am a total n00b to administering a site but have been a mod on a vbulletin forum for a couple of years.

Thanks!

Aaron
    The brand-free license allows you to remove "Powered by vBulletin" in the FOOTER of your forum. The vBulletin HEADER graphic you are talking about can be removed by anyone without a special license - this is done via ADMINCP->STYLE MANAGER->EDIT HEADER template or change the LOGO variable.
    anders | vbulletin team | check out the new vbulletin facebook app
    Proudly vBulletin'ing since 2001
    Please be my friend!
    http://www.twitter.com/inetskunkworks
    vBulletin Performance Articles:
    Click here to read

Comment

thanks so much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IBxAnders View Post
        The vBulletin HEADER graphic you are talking about can be removed by anyone without a special license - this is done via ADMINCP->STYLE MANAGER->EDIT HEADER template or change the LOGO variable.
        There's no such thing in my CP. There's a Style Manager under the Styles & Templates section but no section labeled Style Manager. Am I dumb & blind?

Ribbit

Comment

So how do you remove the logo then ?

Comment

Here's a quick video of where to find the code AND the variable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0SfaA1oqhM
            anders | vbulletin team | check out the new vbulletin facebook app
            Proudly vBulletin'ing since 2001
            Please be my friend!
            http://www.twitter.com/inetskunkworks
            vBulletin Performance Articles:
            Click here to read

Comment

Thanks IB Buddy, I appreciate it.

Google is using videos big time now days too, for example they just opened a Google Ad Manager channel on Youtube.

Comment

The video explained everything! I would have never thought of clicking on the "GO" to get to that part of the construction.

Ribbit

Comment

I dont get it. Hard to understand without sound. So we just change the image path?

Thanks

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	THUMB.gif
Views:	1
Size:	2.3 KB
ID:	3680994
                    so much to learn - so little time! :confused:

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X