Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update 3.8.1 to 3.8.4 and database

Hello,

I'm changing server and i will update my new vbulletin server from 3.8.1 to 3.8.4 after transfert.

But my old server is still running under 3.8.1 until that my new server is finished.

I want to know if i will be able to move my 3.8.1 database to my new server 3.8.4 when i will make it accessible?

sorry for my english

Thank U

Move your 3.8.1 forums and database to the new sever. Make sure everything works. Then upgrade to 3.8.4.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

thank you for response but it's not exactly my question.

My new server is already run with 3.8.1, I have to update it to 3.8.4 and to do many operations (template, modules, ...). It's closed to public

meanwhile my old server 3.8.1 continues to run and people register and post on it.

When I will open my new server 3.8.4, I have to import last posts and members from old server to new server.

Will I be able export database 3.8.1 to 3.8.4?

regards

Comment

Yes you can use Impex to import data from one vB database to another.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X