Object not found in ACP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Object not found in ACP

Very strange but after I install vBulletin without any errors or issues, I log into ACP fine and when I click on any of the options on the left (for example vBulletin Options) I get

Object not found! (exact error captured in attached screenshot)

Any ideas?
    Attached Files

Thinking it may be an issue with folder/file rights I changed everything to 777 and still the same issue with Object not found! as shown above.

This is really confusing and I have no idea.

Comment

This may be due to mod_security. Please see this thread for the fix:

http://www.vbulletin.com/go/modsecurity
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks, but this seems to have not fixed it.

This is a new install with nothing new added. I'm using XAMPP to supply Apache, PHP and mySQL. I have done this before as a test and it worked just fine. Not sure why its not working this time.

Comment

Enable phpinfo in the Admin CP, then provide the URL to your forums. This may help us troubleshoot this problem.

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Public phpinfo() Display Enabled
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I eventually figured out the error of my ways. typo in the config.php file for the dbname. Reinstalled with config.php corrected to point to the correct dbname and everything works fine.

When I was in phpadmin and saw that the typo db had 162 entries and the one I thought was the correct db had 0 entries, i knew what went wrong.

Thank you for your help anyhow.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X