X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• princeedward
    replied
    Originally posted by IJeffers View Post
    Suppose one way to prevent all other admin's accessing the board would be to stick a .htaccess file in reuqiring a valid user and just keeping the password to your self. Once the upgrade is done, remove .htaccess and everyone can get access again.
    thanks...hmmm...any specific code that might be...can you pls. share how can i do it?

Leave a comment:

• IJeffers
    replied
    Suppose one way to prevent all other admin's accessing the board would be to stick a .htaccess file in reuqiring a valid user and just keeping the password to your self. Once the upgrade is done, remove .htaccess and everyone can get access again.

Leave a comment:

• princeedward
    replied
    okay....got and figure this all out myself....

Leave a comment:

• princeedward
    replied
    Originally posted by copiertalk View Post
    you are allowed to set up a test board for testing as long as it is not made public and is in a folder called testvb.
    thanks a lot copiertalk for your time to reply...can you or anyone please guide me step by step on this...kinda really no knowledge to all of this...what way do i have to upload in case on that testvb?

1.Installing a new vBulletin Way
    2.Upgrading from a previous version of vBulletin WAy

Tried to look everywhere on this wonderful board which we buy all this board software...but nothing to found something like this...a proper and sticked

Test Forum Set Up Tutorials

Last edited by princeedward; Sun 16 Aug '09, 5:14am.

Leave a comment:

• copiertalk
    replied
    you are allowed to set up a test board for testing as long as it is not made public and is in a folder called testvb.

Leave a comment:

• princeedward
    replied
    thanks bigwater for your time to reply once again...

one more thing guys...is there any way or possible to install the new version that only me can see and access it?...for the reason of... all i want is to set it all up for totally new look at first...fix some compatible modification and put it on the stable and fix board 100% until i open it to all members for all access...just to surprise all of them for the totally new look...

Leave a comment:

• bigwater
    replied
    Well usually the board is closed so that administration can do administration stuff. It would make sense that administrators would still have access.

The default superadministrator is the only owner, but even then you can have more than one superadministrator. I suppose there could be a setting added that would only allow those in the superadmin list to access the board, but I don't see how you could further isolate it to the owner without requiring a license number and password to access the site when the board was closed. That would be a real PIA.

Leave a comment:

• princeedward
    replied
    Originally posted by bigwater View Post
    Temporarily demote him.
    thanks bigwater...that what on my mind too...dunno why is it no way to close the board that only the owner has access...weird

Leave a comment:

• bigwater
    replied
    Temporarily demote him.

Leave a comment:

• princeedward
    replied
    thanks guys...is there any other way to block also my co admin access?

Leave a comment:

• bigwater
    replied
    Adminstrators will still be able to access the board, but nobody else.

edit: sorry steve... typing at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Yes, this will not affect Admins or access to the Admin CP.

Leave a comment:

• princeedward
    replied
    Originally posted by renep View Post
    Yes: Admin CP > vBulletin Options > Turn Your vBulletin On and Off
    thanks once again renep.. i mean...my co admin or other staff i think can still login right?

Leave a comment:

• renep
    replied
    Originally posted by princeedward View Post
    btw...is it possible to close my board and only me can access it?..meaning all staff and members are no access except me the owner?
    Yes: Admin CP > vBulletin Options > Turn Your vBulletin On and Off

Leave a comment:

• princeedward
    replied
    Originally posted by renep View Post
    One way or the other, you'll have to integrate your changes to the templates with vBulletin's. The safest way to to that, generally, is to revert all templates and re-implement your changes one-by-one.
    well thanks a lot renep...i guess that's the best way..to revert all templates...and if i have to re install all the mod...i have to sacrifice for the better way and safest new and clean board...

btw...is it possible to close my board and only me can access it?..meaning all staff and members are no access except me the owner?

Leave a comment: