Got a problem when installing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a problem when installing

Probably just some setting i have done in the config.php file but i'm not sure even rang my web host to get a few answers but at 12:30am they were a bit vage.
    This is what i'm getting can anybody tell me what it means and what i should be looking to fix?
    vBulletin 3.8.3 Install Script
    (Please be patient as some parts may take some time)

Step 2) Connect to the database (Step 2 of 13)
    Step 2) Connect to the database
    Attempting to attach to database
    Error description: mysqli_real_connect() [function.mysqli-real-connect]: (28000/1045): Access denied for user 'ill49622'@'localhost' (using password: NO) /home/ill49622/public_html/Forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1138
    The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please confirm the values entered in the 'includes/config.php' file.

Cheers Wade

Be sure you edit the config.php file correctly, and you did not accidentally delete anything.

Make sure the MySQL database username and password are correct.

Here is a copy of the original config.php:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/config.php

Comment

Thank you so much for you help via msn this evening mate, can't thank you enough for your help

Comment

You're welcome, anytime.

Comment

oh please i am having the same problem editing the config.php file

can somebody please help me out? i haven't slept all night and waiting for somebody to reply in another thread or here now........ please help?

I have tried to understand the config.php file but i am just unable to follow the right steps

If possible can somebody do that for me? please? i can give you the basic details here. i know it doesn't take long

Comment

Originally posted by Mr X View Post
            oh please i am having the same problem editing the config.php file

can somebody please help me out? i haven't slept all night and waiting for somebody to reply in another thread or here now........ please help?

I have tried to understand the config.php file but i am just unable to follow the right steps

If possible can somebody do that for me? please? i can give you the basic details here. i know it doesn't take long
            Your 'Hijacking', but I made an attempt to answer your question within your thread that you have already post in another forum support area.
            http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=313989

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego View Post
              Your 'Hijacking', but I made an attempt to answer your question within your thread that you have already post in another forum support area.
              http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=313989
              oh sorry sir, actually its 04:57AM in London and i wanted an answer soon so i thought may be users are not reading all the thread.

I do apologize

I will reply in that thread now (the one i created)

Comment

No need to apologize, as I do 'Hijack' other members threads and in the end get back to topic.

Comment

can any of you guys help me setup my vbulletin, I am having trouble for days now.

Comment

Please start your own thread with all the relevant details. Thank you.
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X