Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I did everything i was told and my database still can't be recovered HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did everything i was told and my database still can't be recovered HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone please help me. i tried uploading the database using SSH and its still not coming up. before all of this it asks me to reinstall vb is that right? can i just start all over since i have a back up and all the files. please help!!!!!!!!!!

Not really enough info. What exactly did you do, why did you do it, and what is happening now?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I uploaded the site to the new server.

Then I did the following:

1. changed config.php to access the new db 2. imported the sql file to the new database via phpmyadmin

After this did not work, I did a fresh install of vb 3.83 and then imported the backup.sql file via phpmyadmin
      now there is no info no styles no new users. nothing

Comment

Do you know what version is your backup?
        If you do:
        Download that version, and upload it to your server.
        Create a new database.
        Install your vB to that new database.
        Now is the time to export your backup to that new database.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

how do i find out what version it is?
          Last edited by blacura; Mon 29 Jun '09, 6:34pm.

Comment

Firstly, what size is your database? Depending on the size, phpMy Admin might not be importing the whole thing. If you're not having much success with SSH, try using something like BigDump instead.

Do you still have access to the old site? If so, look at the bottom of any page and you should see the version number of vBulletin you're using. If not, have a look in the install folder - what's the highest numbered upgrade file (e.g. 'upgrade_381.php' would suggest that you're running 3.8.1 etc.). Once you know which version you have, download those files from the member area again.

After this did not work, I did a fresh install of vb 3.83 and then imported the backup.sql file via phpmyadmin now there is no info no styles no new users. nothing
            This is the wrong way to go about it. What you're doing is putting old data into an updated database structure. You should ALWAYS import before doing any upgrade. Table change between versions so unless you were already using 3.8.3 then you're unlikely to get your forum working correctly by doing this.
            Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
            -
            *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
            - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
            - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X