What do i do now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do i do now?

I think i lost everything. my database and everything is gone. when i migrated over to a new server. what can i do. i had 1500 members now i dont have any. can this be fixed?

Do you have a backup? Otherwise nothing can be done.

Comment

a back up of what exactly? i have my database backed and all the forum files

Comment

so you have not lost it all then.. upload all the files to new host and then upload the database file too, then use SSH to populate your datase with your backup.
        Simple Straight Forward EU cPanel vBulletin Web Hosting Provider.

Comment

thats what was done and it asked to reinstall vbulletin. and accidently erased all the tables

Comment

cant have.. using SSH would not ask to re-install the forums.

Comment

well it did.. so what do i do now?

Comment

since i have everything backed up cant i just delete the installation and redo everything over?

Comment

you dont need to delete all the files.. just create a new database in your hosting cp and then upload your BD backup to the server and login with SSH and use it to restore your DB..

there is a tut on here some where.. but you would need SSH access on your new host.

Comment

all my styles and info everything will return?

Comment

yes.. as long as you restore your database .. and upload all the files.

Comment

I will try this. i hope it works.. i just got 3 potential advertisers and now i might lose them

Comment

if you cannot do it using SSH then ask your host to do it for you..

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X