Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to disable plugin/hook system with a .php edit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to disable plugin/hook system with a .php edit?

Sp, I'm performing a test upgrade from 3.6 to 3.8.3 in a test copy of my forum. Mainly just to create myself a mental checklist of tasks/things to avoid/do ready for my real upgrade to vb4 when it's out.

So I copied by 3.6 database into a separate database, uploaded the vb 3.8.3 files into my password protected testing directory. I then ran the upgrade.php and went thought the process as it upgraded my forum to through all the versions, ended in a 3.8.3 database. I then deleted the install.php file and it goes into the admin CP.

however, I rather stupidly forgot to disable my addons in the old forum first before doing all this, so so my 3.8.3 admincp is trying to refrence the 'infernoshout' shout box I had on my 3.6 forum. (remember, this must be something in the databse, as the files are currently clean 3.8.3 files, no 3.6 fiels were in this directory before theupgrade).

I remember seeing another support thread on this forum somewhere, in which the customer was instructed to disable all plugins by altering a .php file.

Would anyone be so kind as to tell where you do this and what it is you change/add?

Thanks.
    MCO Raid Alliance - Shadowsong EU MCO guild home.

I found this in the vB docs:

Warning:

If you have attempted to import a product or a plugin and run into the problem of being unable to navigate/work with your forum or control panel you might require to update the config.php file with this variable, which will force-disable the hook system. Allowing you to restore your forum and uninstall the bad code/plugin.define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);
    (Remove from the config.php file when done.)
    But it doesn't say where to put it in the config.php file.

Comment

Originally posted by Anseur View Post
      But it doesn't say where to put it in the config.php file.
      It doesnt matter. I usually put it at the top, under the initial comments.
      Baby, I was born this way

Comment

Ta. Been able to disable mu plugins and all is well now.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X