Purchased Older Software Bad Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchased Older Software Bad Deal

We found a Place to Purchase VB 3.8.0 for a 100.00 Thought we were getting a Deal, Turns out it was an bad illegal copy, the vendors have disappeared.
    So we came to VB and purchased a New Valid License.

We had a Problem with version 3.8.0, it worked fine at first, then started having problems uploading any images; xx.gif xx.jpg icons avatars. Our host is Go Daddy. We put in a support ticket
    here 48 hours ago, but no reply as of yet.

Has any one else out there encountered this uploading image problems ? Thanks.

A lot of people seem to have problems with Go Daddy.
    ...steven
    www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
    bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
    "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

Enable phpinfo in the Admin CP, then provide the URL to your forums. This may help us troubleshoot this problem.

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Public phpinfo() Display Enabled
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks Steve, My URL to the site is http://www.web-invent.com/lords4us/
        Thanks For Your Help in This Matter,

Comment

Two things. First, GoDaddy has you on a Windows server and in my experience there Windows servers are ot properly configured for PHP and MySQL. If at all possible I would suggest you ask them to move you to a Linux server.

If that is not possible then another things they need to check is to make sure that they have this directory on that server and that it is world-readable and writable: D:/Temp/php

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank you So very much Steve Machol Thats The Error it List, That there is no D:/Temp God Bless You

Comment

Glad to hear it.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Regarding the title, there's nothing wrong with version 3.8.0. And licensed customers can still download it.

The title should be more accurate: Purchased secondhand, and got scammed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X