X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug or Malware in 3.8.3

hello

i find something wrong il 3.8.3 at postings.php

when i get into any thread to edit the thread (fix - edit ...) i got a antivirus alert . that their is a malware in in the file postings.php

the link have pollid=
    note: the thread doesn't have a poll. i made the same action in the thread that have a poll. and i got the same result.

just finding this in postings.php .. i search in google about the virus. it told me that this virus is found in files having codes. i check all the files.. all are clean

waiting your replies.

vBulletin's .zip file does not come with malware injected into it. This is either due to customized or otherwise non vb caused code injection, or it's a false positive.

Comment

Did you run admin cp > maintenance > diagnostice > suspect files?

And, did you look through all your plugins to make sure they are ones you added?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

yes man

before i got this malware on all my vps

even in html files and i got codes ....

i clean everything and the site was clean according to google webmaster tools

but have problem in this folder only

Comment

Why have you blurred out your URL? We could probably help better, with your URL.
          My Forums: The Geek District - Off Topic Hut
          My Blog: Mikeylicious
          Projects: Shorten URL's with kwn.me

Comment

I think this is a false positive. The error says there is pollid= without any value for pollid.

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

Originally posted by PitchouneN64ngc View Post
              I think this is a false positive. The error says there is pollid= without any value for pollid.
              Probably, that's a Heuristic detection of something AnitVir thinks is suspicious not an actual bit of malware.

Your best bet is to contact Avira's tech support and explain that you've encountered a possible fasle detection... Give them the address of the page/site in question and ask them to examine it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X