Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From phpBB3 to vBulletin

Hello everyone,

I'm very interested in changing another of my forums to vBulletin. Right now I'm running it in PHPBB3 and I want to know how can I transfer all the data to vBulletin... is there a procedure?

Thanks....

Yes we have an import scripts for phpBB3. You can read about them here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_phpbb3

Please note that since phpBB3 passwords are encrypted, they cannot be imported. Your users will need to reset their passwords after the import. You can read more about this here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_passwords
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank you for the information

Another question.... I already have bought the vBulletin for my current forum and I want to know if I can use it as testing purposes in my future forum...

I want to be sure everything will run OK before purchasing the license for the next forum.

Comment

When I click Members... is asking me for my customer number and I don't remember it... how can I recover that information?
        Last edited by VacilonPR; Sat 2 May '09, 1:08pm. Reason: Sorry... I got the info already!!!!... thanks!!!

Comment

My other forum (running PHPBB3) has everything installed in the root folder... I want to know is I can make a new folder named "forum" and there I will upload vBulletin so I can do all the testing before changing everything

Would this affect in anything my current data in the root folder?

Comment

Originally posted by VacilonPR View Post
            My other forum (running PHPBB3) has everything installed in the root folder... I want to know is I can make a new folder named "forum" and there I will upload vBulletin so I can do all the testing before changing everything

Would this affect in anything my current data in the root folder?
            No,it won't.
            Impex will copy all the necessary data from the current phpbb database to the new new database created for vB.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X