Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jintan
    replied
    Dead on - thank you Zachary. Just need to find where I locally stored the header graphic in the past to upload that again now. I appreciate the help.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Change the table_prefix setting to forums_

Leave a comment:

• Jintan
    replied
    I left this unchanged from the default in config.php so far:

$config['Misc']['forumpath'] = '';

Leave a comment:

• Jintan
    replied
    It's listed there as forums_datastore, thanks. Everything there is "forums_name".

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Are you sure you have the right table prefix? Can you look at the database in phpmyadmin? Does every table have something like vb_ or vb3 myforum?

Leave a comment:

• Jintan
    replied
    Thanks Steve, that placed me in the ballpark. Someone else has done the original setup for me, so I am not familiar with this. This error currently, if someone could shed light on the correction:

Code:
    Invalid SQL:

SELECT *
    			FROM datastore
    			WHERE title IN ('','options','bitfields','attachmentcache','forumcache','usergroupcache','stylecache','languagecache','products','pluginlist','cron','profilefield','loadcache','noticecache');

MySQL Error   : Table 'myforumsqldbname.datastore' doesn't exist
    I changed to that "myforumsqldbname" only due to just not knowing how much is to be public knowledge here. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Here is the online documentation explaining the config.php file and variables:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/editconfig

Leave a comment:

• Jintan
    replied
    Good - could you point me to a link or page that shows how to do that? I had already read through searched threads in these forums earlier, when I ran into the config.php.new error, but haven't been able to locate info on how to fill in the config.php file or what info to put in it. Somehow I did the previous upgrade without having to do that, so am not familiar with this requirement. The forum had a Luckysploit mess I am now recovering from.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Use the correct information to connect to the server, you uploaded a blank config.php file, you need to edit the proper information into the config.php file.

Leave a comment:

• Jintan
    started a topic Upgrade 3.8.0 - 3.8.2 mysql-connect</a>]: Access denied

Upgrade 3.8.0 - 3.8.2 mysql-connect</a>]: Access denied

Code:
    mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
    /home/jintan/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 311
    What do I need to do to correct for this please? Thanks.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X