problems with templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems with templates

i have upgraded my vb from 3.6.8 gradually until 3.8.2, however the issue is some modifications i have done to templates such as navbar and footer makes the admin cp give me a message of templates needs updating. This update will cause all the changes i've done to dissappear. How can i update the templates to get rid of the message in the admin cp without removing the changes i have done to my vb.

P.S. I have 5 different vb styles so thats a lot of work to re do all the modifications again. Can any one help please?

Some of the template changes may be mandatory to keep your forum working correctly!

You can compare the changes between the template in use and the new one to see what changes you may need to make.

If you can, create a test forum first, upgrade it and make the necessary changes there then download the styles to your local machine. Once you run the live upgrade, simply upload the styles overwriting the current one and your live site upgrade will go a lot quicker...
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Originally posted by ashrafbokhari View Post
      How can i update the templates to get rid of the message in the admin cp without removing the changes i have done to my vb.
      Try editing the template without really editing it.
      Save your edits.(There were no edits).
      What is the result?

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X