A truly simple ftp program?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A truly simple ftp program?

I often see Filezilla recommended as an excellent ftp program. I've downloaded it and looked it over, but find it very complicated. Its own documentation does not seem to be very good, and the screenshots in the manual are daunting indeed.

My current host provides a program called "Unlimited FTP" which is extremely simple and fast. I'm planning to change hosts, though, and I don't think my new host will have this program. I'd be glad to buy it, but its $199 price tag is out of my reach.

So - is there any truly simple, and either free or cheap, ftp program out there?

(Please say yes. )

i use total commander..
    Simple Straight Forward EU cPanel vBulletin Web Hosting Provider.

Comment

I use CuteFTP Pro, but I do not like the newer versions. I prefered 3.0 even with its flaws.

Comment

WinSCP

Comment

smart ftp is good

Comment

The manual uses Smart FTP as its example. Smart FTP does have a simpler interface than Filezilla but does cost money. Filezilla is recommended because it is free, fast and efficient.

WinSCP is a nice free utility as well but I found it to be uncommonly slow in a lot of cases. Uploading the vBulletin files often takes 3-5 times as long as it does with Filezilla.

Any client application though is going to seem daunting at first if its different than what you're used to. You will have to download and experiment with different solutions until you find one that works for you. You can make Filezilla's interface simpler in nature by turning off view panels on the View Menu.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Use Ipswitch WS_FTP Pro although have used CuteFTP also (still have it kicking about here somewhere...).
              Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
              -
              *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
              - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

I use Filezilla and have had no problems uploading files and awesome stuff that I want on my forum.
                Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
                Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X