Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade from 3.7.3 to 3.8.1

hello ,

I was having an illegal ver. of vB, which my friend sold to me for 110$ , yesterday i came to know about this n i buyed a Legal Ver. of vB .

Now want to upgrade my old forum to the latest one , i don't want any copy of the illegal ver forum. I only want that my Threads , Posts , Users should be the same , i am new to this kindly tell me what to do

Thanks

Marshal

As per your earlier thread Marshal, you just need to upload the files via ftp to your server.

Here's the instructions for doing so.
    Lats...

Comment

As per your earlier thread Marshal, you just need to upload the files via ftp to your server.
      i have done that but problem occurs.

I only want to know these things

1. Should i del / replace all old files ?
      2. what to do with the config ?
      3. what to do with the sql ?

I take a backup of my sql and put it to the newly build sql but there were lot of errors , i only want that my Threads , Posts and users should be the same as old rest i don't want.

or is there is a way that i can only have my old forum users in the newly vB forum.

Thanks

Comment

upload and overwite all files with the new version files, then goto http://yoursite/forum/install/upgrade.php and follow the steps there in.

wD
        Simple Straight Forward EU cPanel vBulletin Web Hosting Provider.

Comment

Originally posted by WEBDosser View Post
          upload and overwite all files with the new version files, then goto http://yoursite/forum/install/upgrade.php and follow the steps there in.

wD
          OKey will do it .. n let you know if any problem comes

Comment