Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uninstalling frontpage extensions - will it affect my site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nzjo
    replied
    Cool - awesome thanks for letting me know Zachery

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    vBulletin doesnt use frontpage at all, you're safe.

Leave a comment:

• nzjo
    started a topic Uninstalling frontpage extensions - will it affect my site?

Uninstalling frontpage extensions - will it affect my site?

Hey I am wanting to set up a test site on my site /testvb - I see though you have to password protect it - but I tried to do that to the folder and I can't as frontpage extensions is on - I didn't think I had frontpage extensions installed - and I want to get rid of it and set up my password protected directory - BUT - I have no idea if my site will still be normal if I all of a sudden uninstall frontpage extensions

when I ws going to unistall it it says...

Frontpage Extensions

Frontpage Extensions allow you to publish your site directly from the FrontPage application. This means that you will not have to upload files through FTP, or another method.

Warning: Installing or uninstalling Frontpage Extensions will result in the loss of all ".htaccess" files in your web area. Any changes you have made to your ".htaccess" files will be lost. Any directories you have protected with WebProtect will become unprotected until you reprotect them.

So my question is if I want to get rid of frontpage extensions what do I have to do? - Just make a new .hta access file? - and is there just the one? Will anything else be affected? should I do it - or is there another way to get around it?

Thanks

ooh and not sure if I put this in the right area