Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Path related errors after updating and moving to new server

Hi all,

Before repointing the URL to my new server, I installed the latest vB on it. Everything seemed to go fine. At a glance the Users UI looks normal, but I've found that there is no CSS for admin and I get a variety of errors of files not found. My guess is there is a path that's off. (The URL has now been propagated and is what is referenced in all the paths.)

I can access the database with no problem.

I've reviewed the config.php file and tried to modify the 'Full Path to Forum Directory'.

I've also checked the path in the Admin CP and everything looks normal and displays the correct URL.

ONE example of my errors is:
    Code:
    Warning: require_once([path]/includes/blog_plugin_online.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/includes/functions.php(1365) : eval()'d code on line 40

Fatal error:  require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/woodbox/public_html/forums/includes/blog_plugin_online.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/woodbox/public_html/forums/includes/functions.php(1365) : eval()'d code on line 40
    but there are many other similar errors all over.

I'm a bit of a novice so I'm very stumped.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Last edited by jeffduck; Fri 20th Feb '09, 6:57am. Reason: Added more info

Those look like plugin problems. Try disabling your plugins and see if you still get the same error.
    Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

PHP Code:
    define('DISABLE_HOOKS'true); 

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Seems to have fixed errors but not CSS

I can't tell for sure because I don't want to go on a click-fest without the CSS but it looks like it took care of the errors (thanks!)

But the CSS in the Admin area is still missing.

Any other ideas?

Thanks again.

Comment

That error indicates you are missing this file: .../includes/blog_plugin_online.php
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I missed that. Steve is right, it looks like you are missing a file.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Many files missing

Yeeaaa, I kinda' didn't read the actual message too.

After a web search, it appears that there are multiple /includes/blog* files and I don't have any at all.

I checked the file that I downloaded from vB.com as well as the copy from my old site (v3.7x) and didn't find any there either.

When I installed the copy on my new site, I deleted the entire old copy then did the install, but the install routine indicated it was doing an update(?)

The site is live now so I would prefer not uninstalling then starting again if possible. Any good options come to mind?

Thanks again.

Comment

You need to download the Blog zip file, upload the files then install it. Here is the documentation on vBulletin Blog:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/blog_main
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X