Just unzipped 3.8 how to install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just unzipped 3.8 how to install

I just unzipped 3.8 what do I do to install my board?

I get a bunch of folders. Help.

do you have a website?..
    Simple Straight Forward EU cPanel vBulletin Web Hosting Provider.

Comment

no what kind of website?

Comment

i have a zetaboard forum

Comment

so you have a website running?. link pls.

Comment

http://s1.zetaboards.com/SupremeSports/site/

Comment

ok.. i suggest you get yourself some real hosting to install vbulletin on, you would need a domain name also...

wD

Comment

i don't understand hosting? Why can't I just download it?

Comment

In order to run any website or webpage, you'll need a web host (or do it yourself on your home computer, much more complicated.)

A web host is a person or a company who provides disk space, bandwidth, and features of their choice. Most webhosts provide PHP5/MySQL5 (which meet vBulletin's requirements)

vBulletin is not a free-host-solution that can be a simple registration system like ZB/IF, Brandom made those on a host. He probably used some major company like ThePlanet. They provided him servers (of which he paid for) and created the ZetaBoards and InvisionFree services.

In order to get webhosting, you'll need to find a good host. You can find these hosts under 'vBulletin Hosting Options' on the forumhome. I would personally suggest HostGator as a host.

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/install

Comment

thanks SSN

What is a good size bandwith to choose. I am new at this so I can't tell the difference between the different choices.

Comment

When you're starting out, you don't need to worry about bandwidth limits or hard disk space, etc.

I'd recommend HostGator.com for your first forum.

And I'm sure there are full instructions on how to install the forum in a readme.txt or a similar file that's inside the zip.
                      Digital Kaos Satellite Forum
                      SEO Blog Pagerank Checker
                      Free File Hosting

Comment

I don't use Lynx, I have Windows Professional. HostGator just has lynx not windows?

Comment

I am taking with a member of gator, says it should work says I would need an FTP client to upload, what is that and how do I know I have that?

Comment

Originally posted by dad2paisley View Post
                            I am taking with a member of gator, says it should work says I would need an FTP client to upload, what is that and how do I know I have that?
                            If you don't know even this, I really doubt how you are going to run the forum.

Anyways, you can download a free FTP client (Filezilla) from the url below
                            http://filezilla-project.org/

Comment

I now have a domain name and gator host. What do I do next.

I will be able to run my forum as soon as I can get all these uploads etc finished.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X