Trouble upgrading blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble upgrading blog

I'm running vbulletin 3.8.1, but the blog plugin is version 1.0.5. I followed the directions (http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/blog_main) to upgrade it. I downloaded the file, unzipped it, and copied the upload folder to the root of my vbulletin folder, and followed step 5 precisely. I got a screen that flashed by too fast to read, and my control panel still says I have version 1.0.5.

Diane

Make sure you set 'Allow Overwrite' to 'Yes'. That will work if you have uploaded the Blog 2.0.1 files.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I just did it again. Overwrite was set to yes. I made sure of it. And the Blog 2.0.1 files are in the Ulpoad folder in the vbforum folder. It isn't updating.

I'm importing ./includes/xml/product.xml from my server. Should I be using a file in the upload folder instead?

After updating, I get a pager that says something about design style, but it goes back to the control panel too fast to see much more than that.

Diane

Comment

As per the instructions:

In the Import the XML file from your server field, enter: ./includes/xml/product-vbblog.xml

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yeah, that's the one. I cut and pasted the wrong file, but I did use the right one - several times

Diane

Comment

Then the only other explanation is that you are either not uploaded the 2.0.1 files or you are not setting 'allow overwrite' to Yes.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Neither of these two is difficult.

I downloaded the blog update and unzipped it on my home machine. A folder called upload was created when I unzipped the download file.

The forum is in a folder called vbforum on the server. I uploaded the unzipped upload folder to vbforum (wwwroot/vbforum/upload). Douple checking the contents of this folder, I can see it contains the new blog files.

I'll do this again. I log into my control panel, and on the Plugin & Products System screen, I click on [Add/Import Product]. I enter ./includes/xml/product-vbblog.xml into the text box immediately above the radio buttons, as it shows in the manual. I set allow overwrite to yes. I click update.

I get the screen I mentioned before that goes by too fast to read except it's updating a design, and the Plugin & Products System screen returns saying I have version 1.0.5 installed.

The only other explanation is that something is wrong and we're not seeing it.

./includes/xml/product-vbblog.xml is the existing xml file, not the new one. That's the correct one? The upload folder's name is all in lower case letters. Is it case sensitive at all? Could the current blog version be too old?

The forum is running on PHP 5.0 on a Windows 2003 server. I upgraded the forum just before attempting to upgrade the blog. The forum was upgraded from a recent version. There are 9 other products installed, plus 2 that are turned off. Could any of these things be having an impact?

Diane

Comment

Is your vB locatesd at 'vbforum/upload'? What's the URL?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

http://www.writeaprisoner.com/vbforum/upload/

But you can't get a directory listing. I can set you up with ftp access if you want. Give me a more private way to send you the ftp info.

Diane

Comment

Remove the index.htm or index.html file from that directory. Then if you still have this problem you need to contact your host and ask them to setup the server to automatically parse index.php files.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X