X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R1lover
    replied
    Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
    Don't you have to download the language files?
    No, they are there already... when you download FF you download your version (language)

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy View Post
    There is nothing to install as Firefox comes default with a spell checker as of version 3.0.
    Don't you have to download the language files?

Leave a comment:

• PolicyWala
    replied
    Use Google Chrome Browser. It have auto spell checker.

Leave a comment:

• ZERO <ibis>
    replied
    Too bad it is not good enough to fix my terrible spelling. I am forced to copy and paste words into Google... lol

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied
    Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
    I use ieSpell for IE, and FF own Spell Checker you can install.

In fact FF's is good, because it highlights as your type unlike ieSpell for IE.
    There is nothing to install as Firefox comes default with a spell checker as of version 3.0.

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    replied
    Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra View Post
    Vbulletin never offered this as a feature.
    They did offer it for a time in vBulletin 2. If I'm right the code and "Option" to use spell checker is still there in vB2, but it doesn't work, the code has been highlighted out, but it's still there in the source files, or is it templates (not sure now). Doesn't having a built in spell checker just add to server strain anyway? Plus, both IE and FF have their own spell checkers you can use now anyway. I use ieSpell for IE, and FF own Spell Checker you can install.

In fact FF's is good, because it highlights as your type unlike ieSpell for IE.
    Last edited by MRGTB; Mon 17 Aug '09, 6:01pm.

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied
    Spell checking is best done at the browser level so that users can update their own personal dictionary.

The spell check works perfect in Firefox.

Leave a comment:

• R1lover
    replied
    If you learn how to spell clicking on one word here and there is not an issue Use FF btw.... you will love it.

Leave a comment:

• One-Take
    replied
    Well, OK... I see that FF has a spellcheck that is a PITA to use.. right click every word???

WTF?

Anyway, would be great to add to Vbulletin again as I had it in the past (pre 3.8)

Leave a comment:

• One-Take
    replied
    Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra View Post
    Most browesrs now have spell check built in
    They do??

One-Take

Leave a comment:

• Reeve of Shinra
    replied
    Vbulletin never offered this as a feature.

More importantly, this is a broweser function not a forum function. Most browesrs now have spell check built in

Leave a comment:

• One-Take
    replied
    Very good question.. why not?

Originally posted by Chad View Post
    How come after all these years vbulletin still doesn't have one built in as a default feature? You'd think it would be part of the forum by now
    Since there were workable options in previous versions of Vbulletin, why, indeed is there none in Vbulletin native (as we buy it?)

It seems the single most important feature to users of message boards, many other systems have it, yet, driving the Mercedes Benz of message boards, we go without?

I did not see any plans for addition of this feature in the upcoming v4...

Is there hope for this or should I consider looking elsewhere at some point to satisfy this need?

One-Take

Leave a comment:

• Chad
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
    If there are the place to check would be over at www.vbulletin.org
    How come after all these years vbulletin still doesn't have one built in as a default feature? You'd think it would be part of the forum by now

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    If there are the place to check would be over at www.vbulletin.org

Leave a comment:

• Asma44
    started a topic Spell Checker

Spell Checker

Hi,
    Is there any hacks to be installed for spelling check in the forum?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X