Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spell Checker

Hi,
    Is there any hacks to be installed for spelling check in the forum?

If there are the place to check would be over at www.vbulletin.org
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
      If there are the place to check would be over at www.vbulletin.org
      How come after all these years vbulletin still doesn't have one built in as a default feature? You'd think it would be part of the forum by now
      [ Evidence & Prophecies Fulfilled : click ]
      .:. Unanswered Prayers? /read this\

Comment

Very good question.. why not?

Originally posted by Chad View Post
        How come after all these years vbulletin still doesn't have one built in as a default feature? You'd think it would be part of the forum by now
        Since there were workable options in previous versions of Vbulletin, why, indeed is there none in Vbulletin native (as we buy it?)

It seems the single most important feature to users of message boards, many other systems have it, yet, driving the Mercedes Benz of message boards, we go without?

I did not see any plans for addition of this feature in the upcoming v4...

Is there hope for this or should I consider looking elsewhere at some point to satisfy this need?

One-Take

Comment

Vbulletin never offered this as a feature.

More importantly, this is a broweser function not a forum function. Most browesrs now have spell check built in
          Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra View Post
            Most browesrs now have spell check built in
            They do??

One-Take

Comment

Well, OK... I see that FF has a spellcheck that is a PITA to use.. right click every word???

WTF?

Anyway, would be great to add to Vbulletin again as I had it in the past (pre 3.8)

Comment

If you learn how to spell clicking on one word here and there is not an issue Use FF btw.... you will love it.
                www.yamaha-forum.net | www.exactservers.com | www.ducati-superbikes.com | www.suzuki-forums.net | www.diavel-forum.com

Comment

Spell checking is best done at the browser level so that users can update their own personal dictionary.

The spell check works perfect in Firefox.

Comment

Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra View Post
                    Vbulletin never offered this as a feature.
                    They did offer it for a time in vBulletin 2. If I'm right the code and "Option" to use spell checker is still there in vB2, but it doesn't work, the code has been highlighted out, but it's still there in the source files, or is it templates (not sure now). Doesn't having a built in spell checker just add to server strain anyway? Plus, both IE and FF have their own spell checkers you can use now anyway. I use ieSpell for IE, and FF own Spell Checker you can install.

In fact FF's is good, because it highlights as your type unlike ieSpell for IE.
                    Last edited by MRGTB; Mon 17 Aug '09, 6:01pm.

Comment

Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
                      I use ieSpell for IE, and FF own Spell Checker you can install.

In fact FF's is good, because it highlights as your type unlike ieSpell for IE.
                      There is nothing to install as Firefox comes default with a spell checker as of version 3.0.

Comment

Too bad it is not good enough to fix my terrible spelling. I am forced to copy and paste words into Google... lol

Comment

Use Google Chrome Browser. It have auto spell checker.
                          PolicyWala.com | Insurance Discussion Forum | Indian Insurance

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                            There is nothing to install as Firefox comes default with a spell checker as of version 3.0.
                            Don't you have to download the language files?

Comment

Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
                              Don't you have to download the language files?
                              No, they are there already... when you download FF you download your version (language)
                              www.yamaha-forum.net | www.exactservers.com | www.ducati-superbikes.com | www.suzuki-forums.net | www.diavel-forum.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X