Draggin "Forum" Folder To root Folder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draggin "Forum" Folder To root Folder

I have a question about upgrading. If I change the name of UPload Folder I down loaded to "Forum" (or whatever my Forum Folder is called on my server), An then drag that folder into my Root directory, I realize it will overwrite all the same files in the Forum files, but will it delete all of the other files that were in the old forum files, like Mods for example?? Thanks for the clarification.

any help here? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by 10smom View Post
      I have a question about upgrading. If I change the name of UPload Folder I down loaded to "Forum" (or whatever my Forum Folder is called on my server), An then drag that folder into my Root directory, I realize it will overwrite all the same files in the Forum files, but will it delete all of the other files that were in the old forum files, like Mods for example?? Thanks for the clarification.
      yes it will override all those but it does not override the mods that placed in folders but if any mods that written in phps will be overriden unless if you have backup

Comment

Originally posted by 10smom View Post

I use Filezilla (FTP) and upload the way you asked about and no files already on my site, that were not in the "Upload" folder (renamed to Forum), were deleted. These include php files I wrote and custom images. Also, I always do a back up before upgrading, just to be safe,
        Last edited by DoE; Tue 13th Jan '09, 3:50pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X