Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install now or later?

Hi,

I'm about to set up a new board, and I was wondering if I should wait until 3.8 goes Gold. Is there a disadvantage to installing now and upgrading later?

3.8 is still in beta. If you feel comfortable with beta software I would install it. Do so at your own risk.

I would probably install the latest 3.7 branch and a test setup of 3.8. This will allow you to have a stable version while you test the new functions of 3.8 prior to release.
    www.Copiertalk.com - Everything Copier , Printer, Fax

Comment

I'm just wondering, how many people install the new version before it goes stable? I've tested the new version and have found no major bugs (at least the features I need didn't have any). Besides having to update more often, are there any other disadvantages to installing RCs?

Comment

I think there was a recent poll, but I usually wait until GOLD.
        And even then, I won't be upset if 3.8.1 is released shortly after if need be.
        ...steven
        www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
        bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
        "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X