Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

updating templates (hate the new comparing version tool)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• updating templates (hate the new comparing version tool)

I have only 2 templates I need to update. navbar and postbit. I thought great! normally it is heaps more between big updates. But then I realised there is this new comparing version tool o_O

I cant get my head around it. I am having so much trouble working out what part needs replacing. It is so confusing. Please bring back the old one or at least the option to choose :/
    Selling my BigBoard GamerzNeeds.net/forums Threads: 193 502, Posts: 1 540 045, Members: 718 566 It is listed here http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showt...3#post18297060

You can click view side by side to see the old version. Red is the old, Green is the new.

Comment

thanks, I am so glad the side by side method is still there. I may eventually learn the new system, it looks like it may have some positives, but i'm so used to the old side by side method ^^
      Selling my BigBoard GamerzNeeds.net/forums Threads: 193 502, Posts: 1 540 045, Members: 718 566 It is listed here http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showt...3#post18297060

Comment

I don't know if this well help anyone, but what I do . . .

I comment at the top of each template what I should be looking for.
        For instance,
        <!-- latest supporters -->
        <!-- websites who have referred today -->
        Then I make sure that my edits also are commented.

Before reverting a template, I make a local copy.
        Revert.
        This way I know two look for (2) sets of edits after reverting my template.
        ...steven
        www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
        bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
        "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

View side by side?

I'm missing how to show the old and new versions of a template side-by-side? I can open the existing and default templates in new browser tabs, I just don't see how to compare them side-by-side as described earlier in this thread. Running vB 3.8 and getting ready to upgrade to 3.8.1

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X