Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vBulletin > Settings > Options -- Setup HERE!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin > Settings > Options -- Setup HERE!?!?

My site has been a totally "Private" site for years.....I would say it's been 25 years this site has been fully closed down. I. have over 2 million posts.....and like I have seen more and more.....my numbers of visitors and paying clients continues to go down, down, down......

So....I got the crazy idea tonight to totally OPEN IT UP......make it free and available to everyone so it's fully searchable by Google and the other search engines. This would of course over time attract many new visitors....and it would get some traffic flowing my way.

I could have a small section that is private.....and....as the traffic increases (HOPEFULLY)....close more and more section down to paying members only.

SO...that is my idea......

With that said, I have always be so impressed with how vBulletin (THIS SITE THAT YOU ARE READING ON NOW) works. I can search for something in my google search box....and all too often, I am directed here......

So....what are the chances if KNOWING those "Settings > Options" setup (not the sensitive one of course) that ya'll use for this site?

LET ME KNOW???

Kirk

When you're asking for our settings, are you referring to how to make certain areas private and others public - or is there something specific you're looking for as obviously we're not going to share screenshots of the entires settings setup...
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
      When you're asking for our settings, are you referring to how to make certain areas private and others public - or is there something specific you're looking for as obviously we're not going to share screenshots of the entires settings setup...
      No not specifically…there are so many settings, mostly I kinda wanted to see a list of this sites settings and then compare it to my site. That way when I come to something that does not match, I could read about it, and decide if I wanted to change it?? Just a crazy thought!?!?

Comment

This site mostly runs the default settings that are there in a new installation. I can't think of anything in the settings that would actually help you get indexed by Google better or show at the top of the results. It is basically a result of time and content generation along with links back to this site.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment