Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    If you decide on a blank slate, please send an email to [email protected]. This will allow us to generate a ticket to have the software reinstalled. It would be completely blank then.

Leave a comment:

• braintrainnerd
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    A new domain doesn't create a new forum. It would point to whatever content you had on your site. If you want a second new forum, you need to purchase a second cloud account.
    That's fair enough. I want to cancel my first forum and start a new forum. I don't want to have two forums. Do I cancel my existing license and purchase a new license (which will come with a new blank slate forum), or can I use my existing license and get a new blank slate forum? Or should I just delete all the subforums in my existing forum to get a blank slate forum?

Thank you.

EDIT: Actually, I might delete the subforums in my existing forum because my existing forums has all the settings configured the way I want. This is better than configuring a new blank slate forum all over again.
    Last edited by braintrainnerd; Fri 16 Jul '21, 2:48pm.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    A new domain doesn't create a new forum. It would point to whatever content you had on your site. If you want a second new forum, you need to purchase a second cloud account.

Leave a comment:

• braintrainnerd
    replied
    Hi Wayne, it appears to have gone through. But when I look at my new domain URL in my web browser, I see my old forum (belonging to an old domain).

Why is that? How can I start with a new blank slate forum? I had already changed the domain in the vBulletin Cloud Console to point to the new domain.

Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    We don't use the A name at all for vBulletin Cloud. You can leave it at its default and it will use GoDaddy's DNS. The CNAME is all you need to set up.

Leave a comment:

• braintrainnerd
    replied
    In the 'Points to' box, I need an IP address, which I don't know. Not sure what to put in the 'Host' box either.
    Last edited by braintrainnerd; Thu 15 Jul '21, 7:08pm.

Leave a comment:

• braintrainnerd
    started a topic Setting up DNS etc

Setting up DNS etc

Hi folks.

I registered a new domain name with GoDaddy and am trying to set it all up.

I believe that I have set up the Cname correctly, but how do I set up the A record? I rung GoDaddy and was advised that vBulletin needs to provide me with the A record?

What values do I need to enter for Type, Name and Value of the A record?

Thanks in advance.