Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up DNS etc

Hi folks.

I registered a new domain name with GoDaddy and am trying to set it all up.

I believe that I have set up the Cname correctly, but how do I set up the A record? I rung GoDaddy and was advised that vBulletin needs to provide me with the A record?

What values do I need to enter for Type, Name and Value of the A record?

Thanks in advance.

In the 'Points to' box, I need an IP address, which I don't know. Not sure what to put in the 'Host' box either.
    Last edited by braintrainnerd; Thu 15 Jul '21, 7:08pm.

Comment

We don't use the A name at all for vBulletin Cloud. You can leave it at its default and it will use GoDaddy's DNS. The CNAME is all you need to set up.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Hi Wayne, it appears to have gone through. But when I look at my new domain URL in my web browser, I see my old forum (belonging to an old domain).

Why is that? How can I start with a new blank slate forum? I had already changed the domain in the vBulletin Cloud Console to point to the new domain.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

A new domain doesn't create a new forum. It would point to whatever content you had on your site. If you want a second new forum, you need to purchase a second cloud account.

Wayne Luke
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
            A new domain doesn't create a new forum. It would point to whatever content you had on your site. If you want a second new forum, you need to purchase a second cloud account.
            That's fair enough. I want to cancel my first forum and start a new forum. I don't want to have two forums. Do I cancel my existing license and purchase a new license (which will come with a new blank slate forum), or can I use my existing license and get a new blank slate forum? Or should I just delete all the subforums in my existing forum to get a blank slate forum?

Thank you.

EDIT: Actually, I might delete the subforums in my existing forum because my existing forums has all the settings configured the way I want. This is better than configuring a new blank slate forum all over again.
            Last edited by braintrainnerd; Fri 16 Jul '21, 2:48pm.

Comment

If you decide on a blank slate, please send an email to [email protected]. This will allow us to generate a ticket to have the software reinstalled. It would be completely blank then.

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment