Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I don't have either Microsoft Word or Excel to test it in. The links in your test document work properly using Apple's Pages software.

Leave a comment:

• mortgagebruce
    replied
    I realize it’s not something to download but why is this only happening with our VB cloud site and all other URL’s work? It’s been tested with multiple users on multiple computers and the result the same.

Can you launch the website via the Word doc I attached? Or, if you enter the URL in Excel or Word will it open for you?

Can you give me some other VB Cloud URL’s to test to see if it happens with them as well?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Your website isn't something to download though. This seems like an Excel issue.

Leave a comment:

• mortgagebruce
    started a topic Can't Launch Forum URL from MS Office Documents

Can't Launch Forum URL from MS Office Documents

We're having a really random issue...

We have a training document that is built using Excel and are providing direct links in it to some of our forums. When you click on the link you get the error as shown below.

This is not happening on any other website. I can put Google or Facebook or Amazon or any other website address (including yours) and it launches just fine. I've tried this in Excel on both my work and home computers and get the same result.

I thought why not give it a shot with a Word doc - same exact issue. See attachment. Everyone of those links opens just fine except our VB Cloud forum. The same link in an email using Outlook works just fine.

Any clues what would cause this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-04-28 201321.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	4456721
    Attached Files
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X