Multiple password problems today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple password problems today

I'm getting reports from several users of password issues. The system is not taking their password and then they're getting the issue that they've tried too many times. Even after resetting, it's not taking the new password.

Any ideas?

Since I posted this, I've received at least 15 emails from users with login problems.

When a user resets their password, but not because they've timed out the system by entering a wrong one too many times, should there be a delay between when the password is changed and when they can log in with it?

Comment

We have tracked the issue down to the fact that all users having the issue are using a VPN with the same public facing IP address so that when one or more users enters some incorrect login info it's counting as a strike in the system which eventually causes people who are trying to log in for the first time to receive the message they've attempted to log in too many times and have to wait 15 minutes to try again.

Is there another setting or way to authenticate users without turning off the strikes system?

Comment

If the VPN hides their true identity for internet traffic, then no there is no way to do this. Turning off the strikes system doesn't actually help them to log in, it just removes the strikes from the same IP address but different devices from affecting them. That is that they aren't held accountable for the mistakes of others.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X