Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guests/non logged-in members can't view images, only text post/threads

Hi all.

This is what guests and non-logged in members see in the place of an image. This is a new problem, it only started maybe a week or two ago. Before that guests/non logged-in members could see images fine, but now only text posts/threads can be viewed.

The only thing that may have caused this was at around the same time, I set the permission of one subforum so that threads can only be viewed by logged-in members. So why does changing permissions of one subforum make images unviewable on the entire site by guests/non logged-in members? Is there a way to fix this problem? Maybe in the settings somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

Your Guest Usergroup has these permissions "Can Download Image Attachments", "Can Download Non-Image Attachments", and "Can View Image Thumbnails" all set to No. This will prevent them from viewing images, even in Photo Galleries. There was previously a bug with these permissions that did not apply them to Photo Galleries. That bug was fixed in 5.6.4.

You can change permissions under Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager. Any custom channel permissions would have to be adjusted under Usergroups -> Channel Permissions.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Hi Wayne, thanks for your reply.

I had change the channel permissions via: AdminCP -> Channel Management -> Channel Permissions -> (Find correct channel) -> Guest Users -> "Can View Channels" -> No. I didn't know it had to be done via Usergroups.

All fixed now.

Comment

Can View Channel doesn't override the more specific permissions listed in my post above.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment