Local system freezing at autosave limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local system freezing at autosave limit

What's the first things to review if the autosave function freezes a local system with excessive processor duty? This is using the VB Cloud. I'd thought large image uploads. Could that be it?

Auto-save uses Javascript and stores the information both in your browser's local storage and in the database. Large amounts of content can take a while to transmit if you have a slow internet connection. Are any errors listed in the browser console when the auto-save triggers?

I don't think it would be caused images though. They aren't actually included in the auto-save data. These are stored on the server as soon as you upload them. Post content only contains references to these files.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• imager
      Image attachment uploads
      by imager
      I read in a separate thread that in some circumstances it was advisable to store attachment originals in the server files system rather than the database. Currently they are store in the database with...
      Mon 29 Jul '19, 3:44am
    • medved
      Automatic image resizing
      by medved
      Just would like to ask. Is there a software in vB 5 for automatic resizing/down scaling, reducing the size of images people are posting? There are people who use smartphones now. They just take a photo...
      Wed 16 Jan '19, 8:07am
    • Emad ELsayed
      I have two mistakes
      by Emad ELsayed
      welcome
      I see this message permanently although the server works fine.
      (( Resource Limit Is Reached
      The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource
      Sat 19 Jan '19, 1:10pm
    • chriske
      dimension limits for uploads
      by chriske
      When uploading large images on vb forum you get this message:

Photo camera's are getting better and better with higher res. I don't think users should be bothered with resizing...
      Tue 15 Oct '19, 5:43am
    • DemOnstar
      Gif's or PNG?
      by DemOnstar
      I have a whole bunch of Gif's, I keep seeing PNG.There must be some kind of preference/advantage over one to the other. What is it?
      Would somebody enlighten please?
      Appreciated.
      Fri 21 Dec '12, 2:03am
    Working...
    X