Minimum post requirement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minimum post requirement

Is there a setting to have a new member reach a certain post threshold to be able to post in certain parts of a site? For example, they can post in a buy/sell area once they have 50 posts total on the site.

There is no setting to do this. However, this can be accomplished with Usergroup Promotions.

You would -
    1. Remove the ability to post in your Buy/Sell forum for Registered Users under Usergroups -> Channel Permissions.
    2. Create a new usergroup that can post in that forum. Usergroups -> Add New Usergroup.
    3. Create a Usergroup Promotion under Usergroups -> Promotions based on number of posts. Set it to move the user into the new usergroup you created.

Every day, the system will look at the number of posts someone has and promote them to the groups they belong in.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thanks! I will give that a try!

Comment

I followed the instructions you gave me and it worked. My only concern is that only 48 out of 1500 users moved. 99% should have moved to the new user group. Is that something that will take 24 hours to cycle through?

Comment

Also be aware that attachments count as posts. So if you have your user promotion set to say 5 posts, and they post 5 pictures on their first post they are promoted.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X