Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's Topics & Trending Topics in Navbar

Hello,

I would like to add "Today's Topics" and "Trending Topics" to the navigation bar.

Could you please tell me the target URLs for those two tabs.

For the trending tab I tried to use "https://forum.legaljunkies.com/trending" but that didnt work.
    Attached Files
    www.legaljunkies.com

I have found some related information here:

https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...ental-deletion

... but it doesnt include "today's topics" and "trending topics".

www.legaljunkies.com

Comment

Today's Topics should already exist. Normally, it is only shown to guest users because there is no way of knowing what they read the previous day. You can edit the existing Today's Topics link in the Sub-Navigation of the Forums tab and change the permissions so other user's can see it.

For Trending Topics, like this site, it requires a new custom page to be created. I created this page with Page Title and Trending search modules on the page. When saving the page, I gave it the name of Trending Topics with the url of /trending. I then added a link in the sub-navigation of the Forum tab.

To see the sub-navigation of a tab, click on the arrow icon to the right of the tab name.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

In the Sub-Navigation listing I can see "New Topics" and "Today's Posts" being listed but not "Today's Topics"... maybe you guys renamed the Today's Posts item to "Today's Topics" ??

For Trending Topics, like this site, it requires a new custom page to be created. I created this page with Page Title and Trending search modules on the page. When saving the page, I gave it the name of Trending Topics with the url of /trending. I then added a link in the sub-navigation of the Forum tab.

To see the sub-navigation of a tab, click on the arrow icon to the right of the tab name.
        That was very helpful, Thank you Wayne!

www.legaljunkies.com

Comment

Originally posted by bestmilan View Post
          In the Sub-Navigation listing I can see "New Topics" and "Today's Posts" being listed but not "Today's Topics"... maybe you guys renamed the Today's Posts item to "Today's Topics" ??
          Probably. I don't remember. It is a topic view, not a post view.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

It's a bit of a historical thing...the link was always called "Today's Posts", dating back to at least vB2.

In vB5 we made a bit of an effort to make it more accurate. As Wayne says, it has always been a Topic view, not a Post view.

It should always have been called "Threads Updated Today" and then in vB5 (where threads were renamed topics) "Topics Updated Today". However these are rather long, clunky titles, and loads of people still refer to it as "Today's Posts". Breaking old habits is a conundrum.
            MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.2 Demo
            AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment