Notification error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notification error

Since today's update to 5.6.2, two different users reported receiving this notification.

We had that twice yesterday BEFORE the upgrade to 5.6.2

Also had a notification that two people had replied to a post, but there was no link to the post. Even after finding the post manually and reading it the notification would not go away. Only way was to dismiss it.

Comment

Getting reports from all mods that notification of a post awaiting moderation won’t go unless actually dismissed after it’s approved.

Comment

This is what I have, the post was moderated about an hour ago but it won’t go, I know it will if I dismiss it but will leave it in case support can glean anything from having a look.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2A1FC33D-1004-4334-8994-3BE74F2A7692.jpeg
Views:	79
Size:	259.6 KB
ID:	4443329

Comment

I’m not sure if those users received it before or after the upgrade. I was assuming it was after, but I guess you received reports before.
          Last edited by Carrfixr; Tue 30 Jun '20, 4:45am.

Comment

The original intent of this thread was about the error pictured in post #1 that the users are receiving. I'm getting more reports today about it. I told them to dismiss it, as i'm not sure what or why it is happening. The other issue about the moderation not dismissing was being discussed on the 5.6.2 thread.

Comment

• MrsTiggywinkle
              MrsTiggywinkle commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry, I didn’t see that. Thought it was good to tag onto a notification issue post. I will go look.

Members are now reporting the same problem as in OP. One has sent a screen shot

Click image for larger version

Name:	3F7F702C-B61A-4EA5-8F4F-59241A33B86F.jpeg
Views:	66
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	4443348

Comment

Originally posted by MrsTiggywinkle View Post
              Getting reports from all mods that notification of a post awaiting moderation won’t go unless actually dismissed after it’s approved.
              There is a bug reported against this.

Will have to look at your databases for the other issues because it will be different records for each notification id.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I've forwarded this to the Cloud Support team. The tools I need to use in order to diagnose the issue are not currently working.

It would be best if users are encouraged not to delete the broken notifications so we can actually see what is broken. If the notifications are deleted/dismissed, there is absolutely no way to determine what is wrong with them or what is causing them.
                Last edited by Wayne Luke; Tue 30 Jun '20, 10:02am.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Wayne Luke Thanks

Comment

The issue was cause by some duplicate records in the database. This shouldn't happen and we're still investigating why it did. However, the Cloud Team has run a fix against your sites to resolve the issue. Please let us know if there are other issues related to notifications.

Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I'm still getting reports of them, but may be they were in the system before the fix? This was the last one reported, note the time stamp

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                        The issue was cause by some duplicate records in the database. This shouldn't happen and we're still investigating why it did. However, the Cloud Team has run a fix against your sites to resolve the issue. Please let us know if there are other issues related to notifications.
                        Thanks Wayne but there have been more this morning, one was to me.

Ironically it was the notification of someone replying to a thread about the problem saying they had had the strange notification.

The post was at 01.46 am today GMT, we are about 8 hours ahead of you I think, so that puts it after the fix. I’ve left it in my notifications and so has she.

Click image for larger version  Name:	F4DA4783-528D-4180-BA64-C068B1A16700.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	361.5 KB ID:	4443428
                        Last edited by MrsTiggywinkle; Tue 30 Jun '20, 10:37pm.

Comment

Can have them take a look. Timestamps don't help a lot without the context of a time zone. Most people working on vBulletin are in the Pacific time zone.

Wayne Luke
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

It looks like there is a race condition caused by a cache of the duplicate records where some notifications get updated with the duplicate record id after the script has fixed it. It appears to be a fairly small number of notifications that are still broken and there shouldn't be any more created. I'll look into cleaning up the affected records.

If it seems to be a more pervasive problem than that, please let me know.

Comment

• MrsTiggywinkle
                              MrsTiggywinkle commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Kevin Sours Thanks Kevin, appreciate that. Will let you know if there are any more.
                              Last edited by MrsTiggywinkle; Wed 1 Jul '20, 1:47pm.

• Carrfixr
                              Carrfixr commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Thanks Kevin and Wayne.