Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daylight Saving Time in vB Cloud

Good Morning,

All of the users on my forum are from one state, New York. I've gone in and set the default time zone to be EST and ticked "Enable Daylight Savings". However, all new users, when they join the site, it is setting the time zone to EST, but it is setting to "DST corrections always off", so the time is off by an hour on all of the posts.

1. Is there a way to set the configuration for new users that sets DST Correction to "Automatically Detect DST Savings"?
    2. Is there a way that I can set all Registered Users to EST and Auto Detect? (There's around 100 people that already signed up, and half of them are complaining about the time, and I'd like to not have to post explaining how to adjust their DST settings to fix it if I can avoid it.

Thanks so much in advance.

1. There isn't a way to set this. I had thought there was but the option doesn't appear to be available. An improvement request should be created to add such an option to the User Registration Options.
    2. The only way to do this on Cloud is to manually edit each user in the AdminCP under Users -> Search for Users. Select "New Registrations" at the top of the page. Edit each user manually. This can be time consuming.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Just got done manually updating all my users. I see you stated there is no way to set this in the cloud. Is there a way to set this in the local install version? I don't see the option in the User Registration Options.
      ~ Jacqueline

Baby Talk Zone

Comment

Cloud customers can't change this because they do not have direct access to the database. If you have access to the database, you can create a query to change this value.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thank you
          ~ Jacqueline

Baby Talk Zone

Comment