Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vB Cloud - Forcing a user name format

Hello,

I am wondering, is it possible in vB Cloud console to set it up where it will not allow a user to press the complete signup button unless it detects something similar to a first and last name? Basically looking for them to have at least two characters followed by a space followed by at least two more characters. So David Smith, David O'Donnell, Ti Li, Ti Sung Li would all work?

I've edited the register page phrase with huge bold letters asking them to use their full name as their user name ... but, you know, people... Some are using just a last name, some are using david.smith. It's a forum for my company only for internal tech support issues, and I want everyone's user name to be their full name so they can be identified.

Thanks so much!

You should be able to provide a Regular Expression to force the formatting of a Username. This is available under Settings -> Options -> User Registration Options. The inline help provides a few options. Google would probably provide more.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X