Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not seeing concise info on this, but what options do I have to really customize Cloud template?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not seeing concise info on this, but what options do I have to really customize Cloud template?

See that something called "Site Builder" was available for 5, but not the Cloud 5, right?

Don't see it. I'm seeing only the ability to clone or add child theme to existing templates, and then use style vars to doctor them up there. Not as visual or intuitive as I would have hoped.

I can see that templates can be imported, but whose, and where might one mind these? When you click on edit templates you get buttons to customize or edit, but none are clickable.

I had the easy-to-use Metro template on my V bulletin 4 site and this was great to work with. Not compatible with Cloud

What options do I have with Cloud?

TIA

Site Builder is available on vBulletin Cloud and is not related to customize editing Templates. To access Site Builder, you click the Edit Site button to the right of your username.

You do not have access to vBulletin's HTML Templates on vBulletin Cloud. You can import styles that change style variables only. You cannot import styles that include HTML template changes. You cannot edit the default HTML templates on vBulletin Cloud.

What you can do is:
    1. Apply your own custom CSS within Site Builder's CSS Editor.
    2. Edit Style Variables.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Good to know that style variations are really the only practical option without CSS. I wouldn't even know where to begin with CSS, or what I can even do with it running blind, not knowing what or where the current style sheets are.

Logging in as primary admin and see no option for the Site Builder or site edit to the side of my login name. I do know what it's supposed to look like. This was the admin username I had the site set up with.

Comment

Wayne, so not having direct access to Site Builder, is there a backend way I can add CSS to include Google fonts. This usually needs to be done through Site Builder, which I don't have.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
          Wayne, so not having direct access to Site Builder, is there a backend way I can add CSS to include Google fonts. This usually needs to be done through Site Builder, which I don't have.
          As a Cloud customer, you DO have access to Site Builder.

There is not 'direct' form of access - there is just access. Your primary administrator account should be able to see the 'Edit Site' toggle, top right of any front end page of the site.
          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.1 Demo
          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Thanks, went through support and they enabled access for me. It hadn't been assigned to my admin login.

Comment