• Show
Clear All

• scottsmac
    replied
    OK thanks

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    commented on 's reply
    There is currently no way to display videos inline when they are uploaded as attachments.

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by scottsmac View Post
    One more thing. I'm now getting this error. How do I increase the size of my posting ability. I think that will be me sorted thanks. It appreciated
    You cannot increase this value on vBulletin Cloud. You need to make sure the attachment and the post doesn't exceed 25 Megabytes.

Leave a comment:

• scottsmac
    replied
    One more thing. I'm now getting this error. How do I increase the size of my posting ability. I think that will be me sorted thanks. It appreciated
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• scottsmac
    replied
    Thanks All. I think I got it now. It's setting it as a download for people. Rather than playing on site. Which I think is right. See picture below
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Carrfixr
    replied
    thank

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    On the Add New Extension and/or Edit Extension screens.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-04-24_10-30-03.png
Views:	68
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	4439073

Leave a comment:

• Carrfixr
    replied
    Ok dumb question. Where does this get placed?

mimetype should be 'video/mp4'

I dont see anything that says mimetype

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    extension should be 'mp4'
    mimetype should be 'video/mp4'

Leave a comment:

• scottsmac
    replied
    I did it all. And am still denied doing the upload
    I added it like :~
    video/mp4
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• scottsmac
    replied
    Ahhh i see now. Well I'm only going to have that privilege i hope. Others can use youtube etc. Etc
    I'm only concerned with my files. So can I set it so only I can upload my own little videos. Thanks again. Youve been brilliant

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Attachments are files. They contain viruses, malware, and other nasty bits of code. When you allow random strangers to upload files to your site, you're taking a risk that they are not good citizens and will prey on your users. They should never be considered secure. You have to weight the benefit against the risk for your personal site.

However, I do suspect that if someone does upload a file with malware to a cloud site, it will disappear. The network protections will find it and kill it.

Leave a comment:

• scottsmac
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    I don't see where I said anything about losing attachments. The files will be saved as any other attachments and backed up nightly through the system. You can request a backup from your Member's Area as well.
    When you said Secure :::=== Attachments are not really secure data so you're taking a risk every time you allow it. So what does that mean please

I didn't understand that sorry. Nothing i put up is private to me. So all good I think
    also if you use an outside source. And they delete the file. It's gone. I'd rather keep it

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I don't see where I said anything about losing attachments. The files will be saved as any other attachments and backed up nightly through the system. You can request a backup from your Member's Area as well.

Leave a comment:

• scottsmac
    replied
    Thanks for your help.

You mean I could lose the video files I upload as an attachment. Or can they not be saved in a backup. Sorry if I don't understand. But the little movies are nothing private. And can be shared. Or downloaded by users

Leave a comment: