Microsoft Edge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Edge

Had a user uploading attachments using the edge browser. He saw the pictures but we didn't plus they did not show in his media album. The user then did the same steps using fire fox and they showed properly. Is the edge browser to buggy at times or incompatible with this software for certain things?

Microsoft's browsers have always been the worst ones available and it hasn't even been close. Edge was supposed to be better than Internet Exploder and competition for Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and Opera but I'd guess it's just as buggy as IE always was. It probably blocks JS or something else that is necessary for operation of the vBulletin forums by default. That would be my first guess.

Comment

Which version of Edge?

There is the original Edge that shipped with Windows 10 only.
      However that has since been superceded by the newer Chromium-based Edge that can be downloaded and installed.
      www.microsoft.com/edge

People should be using the latter now really.

Saying that there's no reason the original Edge shouldn't work and it's almost certainly something local to the user.
      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.1 Demo
      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

I don't know if the drag and drop uploading will work in the older versions of Edge. I don't even know if we tested that.

Users should upgrade to the new Edge powered by Chromium. It works basically the same as Google's Chrome and is the first browser in Microsoft's history that is close to being standards compliant.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X