Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    commented on 's reply
    Most likely an issue with the combination of Operating System and Browser. It doesn't seem to do well with a lot of server connections at the same time. Each image download is a server connection.

• Carrfixr
    commented on 's reply
    Seems to only be pages with lots of pics to load

• Carrfixr
    commented on 's reply
    Weird stuff all of a sudden. Just opened up that other thread which had the error code. All the pics were gone and just links showed. reloaded the page and they came back
    Must be a chrome issue???

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Could just be a browser bug on that OS.

Leave a comment:

• Carrfixr
    replied
    I have 64-bit and 6 gig of ram, on the computer i'm using now. Windows 8 at home, not sure of the specs until later

Firefox works fine

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by Carrfixr View Post
    What about the next post towards the top. by Bobm90
    and the one above that by BudP
    I saw all the images and the avatars in that topic...

Are you using a 64-bit OS or 32-bit OS? Could be memory available to the browser that prevents it from downloading all the images.

I am using Windows 10 which is 64-bit and I have 16 Gigabytes of RAM installed in the computer. Chrome and Edge normally use about 1-3 Gigabytes of RAM each. Firefox uses about 2-3 GB most of the time. Sometimes more.

If you're using a 32-bit version of Windows 7 or Windows 8, then you are limited to 4 GB of RAM total for everything that is running on the computer. This includes Windows and every single application on the system. The system tries to work around this with virtual storage on the hard drive but it doesn't always work.

Leave a comment:

• Carrfixr
    commented on 's reply
    Now the attachment that I posted is gone. They come and go if you edit or click them. I wonder if that thread is bugged somehow? But why on chrome

• Carrfixr
    commented on 's reply
    I clicked on the broken avatar users profile and went back. Then it appears normal. This happens on 2 different computers using chrome

• Carrfixr
    replied

Top post has two usernames and a broken avatar

Bottom post has broken images

Click image for larger version  Name:	A81B0D55-F605-4117-A3BF-53A9C14F5645.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	446.6 KB ID:	4436758
    Last edited by Carrfixr; Thu 12 Mar '20, 4:48am.

Leave a comment:

• Carrfixr
    replied
    What about the next post towards the top. by Bobm90
    and the one above that by BudP

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    This is what I see when I log into your site and view the link above with Google Chrome version 80:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-03-11_17-43-05.png Views:	0 Size:	1.16 MB ID:	4436720

Microsoft Edge (based on Chromium) version 80:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-03-11_17-40-30.png Views:	0 Size:	891.2 KB ID:	4436721

What browser version are you using? What extensions do you have installed in the browser?

Leave a comment:

• Carrfixr
    commented on 's reply
    Yes I understand that. Thanks

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Will look when I have a change to pull credentials for your site. Blocking guest users inhibits providing support.

Leave a comment:

• Carrfixr
    replied
    These were uploaded to the sites server as normal. Yes if you click on them they appear. I posted the thread url above

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    What are the actual URLS of the images? If you click on them do they appear?

Leave a comment: