Broken images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken images

This seemed to happen about the same time as the 5.6.0 update. I'm not sure if it is related. Images are coming through broken, see attached
    This is only happening on Goggle Chrome. Yes it is the latest version. It shows this way using windows 7 and 8. I'm not sure about other window versions. The same computers on fire fox is fine If the links are clicked the photos show
    This is a large thread with many images. I have not noticed it on smaller threads
    https://www.vintagefordforum.com/for...e48#post226517

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot (161).png Views:	0 Size:	255.3 KB ID:	4436701
    Last edited by Carrfixr; Wed 11th Mar '20, 3:11pm.

What are the actual URLS of the images? If you click on them do they appear?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

These were uploaded to the sites server as normal. Yes if you click on them they appear. I posted the thread url above

Comment

Will look when I have a change to pull credentials for your site. Blocking guest users inhibits providing support.

Wayne Luke

Comment

• Carrfixr
          Carrfixr commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes I understand that. Thanks

This is what I see when I log into your site and view the link above with Google Chrome version 80:
        Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-03-11_17-43-05.png Views:	0 Size:	1.16 MB ID:	4436720

Microsoft Edge (based on Chromium) version 80:
        Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-03-11_17-40-30.png Views:	0 Size:	891.2 KB ID:	4436721

What browser version are you using? What extensions do you have installed in the browser?

Wayne Luke

Comment

What about the next post towards the top. by Bobm90
          and the one above that by BudP

Comment

Top post has two usernames and a broken avatar

Bottom post has broken images

Click image for larger version  Name:	A81B0D55-F605-4117-A3BF-53A9C14F5645.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	446.6 KB ID:	4436758
            Last edited by Carrfixr; Thu 12th Mar '20, 3:48am.

Comment

• Carrfixr
              Carrfixr commented
              Editing a comment
              I clicked on the broken avatar users profile and went back. Then it appears normal. This happens on 2 different computers using chrome

• Carrfixr
              Carrfixr commented
              Editing a comment
              Now the attachment that I posted is gone. They come and go if you edit or click them. I wonder if that thread is bugged somehow? But why on chrome

Originally posted by Carrfixr View Post
            What about the next post towards the top. by Bobm90
            and the one above that by BudP
            I saw all the images and the avatars in that topic...

Are you using a 64-bit OS or 32-bit OS? Could be memory available to the browser that prevents it from downloading all the images.

I am using Windows 10 which is 64-bit and I have 16 Gigabytes of RAM installed in the computer. Chrome and Edge normally use about 1-3 Gigabytes of RAM each. Firefox uses about 2-3 GB most of the time. Sometimes more.

If you're using a 32-bit version of Windows 7 or Windows 8, then you are limited to 4 GB of RAM total for everything that is running on the computer. This includes Windows and every single application on the system. The system tries to work around this with virtual storage on the hard drive but it doesn't always work.

Wayne Luke

Comment

I have 64-bit and 6 gig of ram, on the computer i'm using now. Windows 8 at home, not sure of the specs until later

Firefox works fine

Comment

Could just be a browser bug on that OS.

Wayne Luke

Comment

• Carrfixr
                  Carrfixr commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Weird stuff all of a sudden. Just opened up that other thread which had the error code. All the pics were gone and just links showed. reloaded the page and they came back
                  Must be a chrome issue???

• Carrfixr
                  Carrfixr commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Seems to only be pages with lots of pics to load

• Wayne Luke
                  Wayne Luke commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Most likely an issue with the combination of Operating System and Browser. It doesn't seem to do well with a lot of server connections at the same time. Each image download is a server connection.